With support from Cisco Systems Foundation and McGraw-Hill, Grameen Foundation developed a trainer toolkit available free-of-charge. It is intended for trainers educating others on the use of the PPI in a workshop-type environment.
In addition to providing this toolkit, the PPI team recognizes trainers in its Registry of PPI Trainers, which individuals and organizations can use to find trainers working in their countries.
Introduction to the PPI
Introduction to the PPI is an instructor-led, four-hour course that provides an overview of the key aspects of the PPI. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the PPI in the context of social performance management;
- define the PPI in terms of purpose, construction and use;
- explain key steps and best practices in the implementation of the PPI; and
- explain key uses, challenges and benefits of the PPI.
Download the Introduction to the PPI Trainer Toolkit
(30MB. Zip file. Log-in required.)
- Course Flyer
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Participant Workbook
- Trainer Guide
- Evaluation Form
- Reference Materials for Participants
Introduction to the PPI is geared toward technical and program headquarters staff of development organizations who are interested in increasing their knowledge of the PPI and learning how it could be used in their organization. This course is not industry-specific and is appropriate for anyone interested in poverty measurement.